Accomplished software developer with in-depth knowledge of PHP and RESTful web services. Critical thinker with a proven ability to analyze business requirements and deliver innovative solutions that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable. Adaptive, with a talent for picking the right technology to fit requirements and a history of success as both an independent developer and a member of a team. Successful strategist with an eye for maximizing business value and minimizing maintenance costs by building systems that are well designed, well documented, and reusable for meeting long-term as well as short-term goals.
- PHP (4.9 - top 10%)
- HTML5 (4.9 - top 10%)
- SQL/MySQL (4.25 - top 20%)
- C Programming (4.15 - top 20%)
- jQuery (4.15 - top 20%)
- CSS3 (3.25 - above average)
Developer of Special Projects — SurfMerchants, LLC.Boston, MA 2010 - 2019
- Developed an internal web interface that has become integral to the debugging/QA/support of custom software, facilitating tracing, and allowing more agile development. The system was integrated with unit testing framework and featured a Bootstrap-based UI and Chrome/Firefox browser extensions.
- Created a custom email system to increase the ability to deliver messages in a more reliable way. Modified the C mail program to help increase robustness and fault tolerance and implemented CI/CD using Git and Ansible to perform build automation.
- Reduced the time it took to translate the web platform from 50 man hours to less than 10 with an AJAX-based CMS and custom language editor. The system was automated using Git Hooks that stored translatable strings in a MySQL database, then built translated templates and GetText data files.
- Built mobile apps for both iOS and Android using Cordova/PhoneGap and a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture. Published through the Apple and Google stores, these were built using NPM and WebPack.
System Architect — Opus3MediaCambridge, MA 2006 - 2009
Designed and implemented a custom CMS on top of LAMP technologies to allow audio and video content aggregation, conversion, and distribution to mobile devices. Using Smarty templates and internal caching reduced server costs and saved on CDN fees. OOP-centric development, built with a custom AJAX library, simplified creation of a dynamic user interface and social network integration.
Founder/President — StripedCow Technology Group, Inc.Cambridge, MA 2000 - 2010
Performed contract development for several international clients, including Microsoft, nellymoser, and Hull Creative Group. Architect of solutions, working closely with the client, within their timeframe and server requirements. Coding included all major server-side technologies; PHP, ASP, JSP, and C++ CGI. Worked with major databases, including MySQL, SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Oracle 8i.
Senior Architect/Project Manager — Voxware, Inc.Princeton, NJ 1994 - 2000
Designed and implemented VoiceLogistics, Voxware's client/server based speech recognition product (see U.S. Patent US6662163). The client is a wearable computer running an XML browser that communicates to a web server using a highly optimized CGI request. Instituting an extensive documentation and testing methodology helped coordinate the disparate components and save development time and costs.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science — Columbia University